A DeFuniak Springs Traffic Violations Lawyer, Defending the Rights of Drivers
If you have been charged with DUI or a criminal traffic violation, you could be facing heavy penalties. Depending on the seriousness of the charges and on your history, you may be subject to large fines, the loss of your license and even imprisonment.
We defend our clients against DUI and serious traffic violations charges. Our job is to provide tough, aggressive representation geared toward minimizing penalties, especially when the facts of your case lead us to challenge the charges and the law enforcement methods involved. Contact us for help with your case.
Aggressive, Confident Defense Against Serious Charges
We represent both local and out-of-state drivers against a full range of Florida DUI charges and serious traffic violations. We can assist you if you have been charged with any of the following:
- Simple DUI
- DUI with serious bodily injury, a felony charge based on an officer’s belief that a serious injury occurred as the result of an accident
- Felony DUI that involves a third or fourth DUI conviction
- DUI with property damage
- Vehicular homicide
- Driving with a suspended license, a charge that tends to accompany DUI
- Fleeing and eluding, a felony in Florida for driving off when an officer has his or her lights on
We do not handle speeding tickets or citations for moving violations.
Challenging Charges and Securing Alternative Sentencing
Defense attorney Dave Thomas is an experienced negotiator who knows DUI laws, penalties and the courts involved and can work to help you reach the best possible outcome in your case. In some situations, he can negotiate probation and treatment alternatives on your behalf. In addition, Dave can do the following in your defense:
- Challenge field sobriety tests
- Challenge maintenance and calibration of an Intoxilyzer device
- Challenge the probable cause for a DUI stop such as an officer’s assessment of bad driving
- Challenge some DUI license suspensions, but this must be done within 10 days of the ticket being issued
The DUI Statute in Florida
Click here to review the Florida DUI statute and penalties.
Contact us to speak to a DeFuniak Springs DUI lawyer about your case.