Traffic Violations Lawyer Defending The Rights Of Drivers
If you have been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) or a criminal traffic violation, you could be facing heavy penalties. Depending on the seriousness of the charges and your history, you may be subject to large fines, the loss of your license and even imprisonment.
We defend our clients against DUI and serious traffic violations charges. Our job is to provide tough, aggressive representation geared toward minimizing penalties, especially when the facts of your case lead us to challenge the charges and the law enforcement methods involved. Contact us for help with your case.
Aggressive, Confident Defense Against Serious Charges
We represent both local and out-of-state drivers against a full range of Florida DUI charges and serious traffic violations. We can assist you if you have been charged with any of the following:
- Simple DUI
- DUI with serious bodily injury, a felony charge based on an officer’s belief that a serious injury occurred as the result of an accident
- Felony DUI that involves a third or fourth DUI conviction
- DUI with property damage
- Vehicular homicide
- Driving with a suspended license, a charge that tends to accompany DUI
- Fleeing and eluding, a felony in Florida for driving off when an officer has their lights on
We do not handle speeding tickets or citations for moving violations (on many citations within 30 days of receiving the ticket, the clerk in the county where you received the citation, will allow you to attend an online defensive driving course to keep points off your license).
Challenging Charges And Securing Alternative Sentencing
Defense attorney David Thomas is an experienced negotiator who knows DUI laws, penalties and the courts involved and can work to help you reach the best possible outcome in your case. Mr. Thomas will be honest with you about your case. He believes in not making matters worse when there is limited expectation of success at trial. In some situations, he can negotiate probation and treatment alternatives on your behalf.
Mr. Thomas can do the following in your defense:
- Challenge field sobriety tests
- Challenge maintenance and calibration of an Intoxilyzer device
- Challenge the probable cause for a DUI stop, without an officer’s objective observation of the defendant
- Challenge DUI license suspensions, but this must be done within 10 days of the ticket being issued